All you need’s a good moat
When Warren Buffet speaks, people listen.
Recently I happened to catch Warren Buffet on TV talking about how leaders should set business priorities.
Mr. Buffet was saying that, no matter the size of the business, you should operate your business like it’s a family business–one that you are going to hold onto for 100 years, and that the #1 thing you should think about is how to build a Sustainable Competitive Advantage, like building “like a moat around your castle.”
Is productivity important to you?
The 18-Minute Plan
It is to me. Ultimately, I’m paid to produce. So one of my favorite Mind-mapping tools that helps me save time by organizing my thoughts is X-mind. And after you see this, I think you’ll understand why… but first: One of my absolute favorite bloggers is Peter Bregman, who writes for Harvard Business Review. One of the best posts he’s ever produced is “An 18-minute Plan for Managing your Day“. It’s a great post, but it was really asking for visual representation… for someone to “draw a picture” so to speak. Continue Reading…
Big life changes can make you more aware of the power of ideas.
Sometimes life can throw you for a loop. When things like this happen it can turn your world upside down… … in a good way.
The Law of Attraction and The Power of Ideas
In a previous post that I wrote with one of my clients, I affirmed the importance of maintaining a positive attitude–no matter what. I suggested a couple of books: ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People‘ and ‘Think and Grow Rich‘. These are without a doubt the two singlemost important books in the self-help industry. If you Google “Law of Attraction” you’ll see just how influential “Think and Grow Rich” is.
“Like attracts like”
Are you looking for a CMS for Small Business?
GetSimple CMS one of the latest in a lineup of simple web content management systems that underscore the trend toward leaner, simpler websites.
Yellow pages aren’t working like they used to. Traditional advertising isn’t working like it used to. What’s a small business owner supposed to do?
As IT & marketing budgets continue to get squeezed, small businesses are looking for easier and cheaper ways to (1) create a website (2) manage their content, and (3) use Social Networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to build their own channel with their customers and prospects.
GetSimple is a great CMS for Small Business
GetSimple has everything a small business owners needs, and nothing a CMS doesn’t.
While it’s unlikely that a large multinational is going to use a simple CMS system like GetSimple, it’s perfect for a small business owner who needs an online presence. Most small business owners need a small 1 to 10 page brochure site that will help them achieve search engine visibilty… they need a simple web presence — that’s it.
Here are some of the features:
- XML Based ~ Getsimple doesn’t use mySQL to store information, but instead depend the simplicity of XML (extensible markup language). By utilizing XML, it removes a layer that causes slowness and complexity.
- You can “Undo” Almost Everything ~ This feature was based off an eye-opening AListApart article explaining how warning messages never work as planned. Because of this, they’ve included “undo” into almost every action you can take on the site.
- Easy to Learn ~ The top priority when designing a user-interface for a small business is to make the best in it’s class. GetSimple tried and tested all the competing management systems, took the best practices out of each one – then refined it.
- Simple Theme Customization ~ It’s very easy to create a custom theme and make it your own look. The base software is extensible, meaning you can add just the functionality you want: for example a photo gallery, or a new manager (or blog), or a google map.
- It’s Perfect for Small Business ~ For most small businesses, the only need is to be able to easily update their site from time to time — to create seasonal offers, ur update a list of services. GetSimple alllows them o do it efficiently and effectively.